Formed on March 1, 1942, a group of dedicated citizens joined together and started the Midland Park Community Ambulance to provide emergency medical care to the residents of the Borough of Midland Park.
Now 80+ years later, the Midland Park Ambulance Corps is staffed by fully trained National Registry and New Jersey State Department of Health certified Emergency Medical Technicians. All are volunteers working only for the satisfaction that they are helping their community in a very important way.
In 2014 the Ambulance Corps moved to its current location at 471 Godwin Ave., a beautiful building generously renovated for the purpose, and donated by the late David Bolger and The Bolger Foundation. Primarily self funded by generous donations from the community, the Midland Park Ambulance Corps maintains the building and two fully equipped ambulances, always ready for any emergency medical challenge. Our volunteers are ready, willing and able to provide emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Providing Emergency Medical Services (EMS) for Midland Park for 80+ years has only been possible because of the willingness of our residents to volunteer and go through the training and ongoing education required to serve this important role. The training is free but it takes a good 6 months or more before someone is confident enough to ride solo. High School Sophomores can inquire about the Junior Cadet program and becoming an EMT.